- Leave a comment on this post about your favorite tennis shot. Feel free to make one up if you like.
- You may leave one comment per calendar day, Eastern Time. Posters of multiple comments in a single calendar day will be disqualified. We'll accept entries until 12:00PM Noon, Eastern Time, September 5th, 2008. You must be at least 18 years old to enter. This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec).
- On Friday, we'll pick three winners via a random drawing.
- Three winners will receive a copy of Smash Court Tennis 3, worth $60
- Complete giveaway rules can be found here
If you're cunning, though, the role of middle-backseat passenger can be used to harness the strengths of both your fellow rear passengers for your own good. Forge a temporary alliance during one turn so that you and one passenger crush the other against his door. Then, on an opposite turn, revoke the ceasefire and cause much harm to your former ally.
Namco Bandai's Smash Court Tennis 3 makes similar use of its middle position against its two primary competitors, SEGA's Virtua Tennis 3 and 2K Sports's Top Spin 3. "You've got Virtua Tennis at the arcade end of the spectrum, and you've got Top Spin at the Simulation end," explained Smash Court Tennis 3 producer David Geudelekian during a recent preview event. "Smash Court Tennis very intelligently tows the middle ground. You can jump right into the game and [within] 30 seconds, you can play an arcade-style match: lots of powerups, sensitive aim. But there's also a really deep experience if you want more of a simulation."
As if tennis fans didn't have enough exciting tennis fun to look forward to this year, Atari and NAMCO just announced that Smash Court Tennis 3 will hit retailers this
It says something when the best game being released this week is a re-release of a game that originally launched last November. Then again, it's not like it's that surprising. After all, the game in question is Call of Duty 4 and there is only one other game releasing this week. That game, if you just have to know, is Smash Court Tennis 3. No offense to Smash Court Tennis 3, but it's frickin' Call of Duty 4, right? Actually, to be more precise, it's Call of Duty 4 Game of the Year Edition. Not only do you get COD4 goodness, but also a token to download the Variety Map Pack free of charge. Heck of a deal, no?