You've sent in the tips, we've reported the issue and everyone involved has waited patiently for the gold-plated weapons download problem in Gears of War 2 to be fixed. According to the Gears 2 community manager the issue can be fixed by going through a relatively painless procedure. Here's what you have to do to get your golden guns downloaded:
- Launch the Xbox Dashboard
- Sign into your Profile
- Go to the Marketplace blade
- Select "Account Management"
- Select "Download History"
- Under the "Games" section, select "Gears of War 2 Gold-Plated Lancer Assault Rifle"
- When the blade appears, select "Download Again"
- Wait until the "download complete" confirmation toast appears
Jump in to find out to fix the issue if you have the NXE.