Use the next gen Force
Xboxygen sent us word of these spiffy design sketches from the upcoming next gen Star Wars game. Big beautiful and ripe for your desktop, they look pretty sweet if you ask us, and we're pretty sure you did. Also, just in case you missed the concept video for the upcoming game -- which shows off force powers in beautiful next gen glory -- you can check it out after the break.
- Introducing the Halo 3 Beta Leaderboard/List (2/16/2007)
- Glam rocking Scissor Sisters join GWF (2/16/2007)
- Maddening new screens of Shivering Isles (2/16/2007)
- Borat theme to make benefit glorious XBLM (2/16/2007)
- Back in Black: Limited Edition HD DVD Drive (2/16/2007)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. Very nice art!
Posted at 11:05AM on Sep 13th 2006 by Lara
3. Dude... that's scary. :-O
Posted at 11:58AM on Sep 13th 2006 by Matthew
4. wonder if the jedi brought down the ship?
Posted at 1:34PM on Sep 13th 2006 by Xbox360
5. These shots are old as balls.
Posted at 1:47PM on Sep 13th 2006 by Will
awesome if gameplay
Posted at 3:01PM on Sep 13th 2006 by JJS UK
7. Awesome. I've always felt that pretty much every Star Wars game missed the mark somehow. I think the problem is that Lucas Arts always had opportunities to enrich their francise with more lore, and more viewpoints within the world of Star Wars.
Normally, i wouldn't give a damn, because I don't particularly like star wars, but there was actually one game that made me completely 360 and see the potential that some of these games have.
That game was "Star Wars: Republic Commando." The thing I loved about it was how it took the star wars francise, and made it HardCore. The game totally tossed the glorified jedi element out, stupid dog fights, and excessive fan service, and made a star wars game that was in your face, brutal, and dramatic.
and I'd very much like to see that again in a jedi related game... which is something they haven't really done yet. Jedi Knight was a pretty hackneyed title, and aside from interesting plot twists, Kotor was just your same ol' fan service.
I think the one thing that the Jedi have been missing is sheer brutality, and the ability to dominate all, and that's why I liked the concept video, and this art. I would absolutely love a harder, grittier, more intense Jedi game. here's hoping this is it.
Posted at 4:29PM on Sep 13th 2006 by aragorn
8. Am I the only one that sees the scale all wrong?
Look I know it's a design sketch but shouldn't the star destroyer be manned by 1cm tall mini imperial troops?
Posted at 8:33PM on Sep 13th 2006 by gman
9. it's just concept art. rarely is concept art up to scale... and a lot of the times, they don't make much in the way of sense.
the idea is just to establish a look and feel that the rest of the team can use as reference.
Posted at 8:45PM on Sep 13th 2006 by aragorn
10. I had never seen that video before. I think I just soiled myself.
Posted at 2:44AM on Sep 14th 2006 by pennywise969
11. "Pre-vis" means pre-rendered, not in the engine, likely not how things will work in the game. So don't get *too* excited by the video aside from evaluating it in terms of the core Force powers. I highly doubt the environments and the NPCs will be so reactive in the actual game.
Posted at 9:12AM on Sep 14th 2006 by SinistarX
12. @SinistarX -
Yes, definitely you have to take pre-vis with a grain of salt. However, I have a friend who works at Lucas Arts, and he assured me that Force Powers will kick ass. The focus on physics will really make the game standout from other first-person shooter/action games.
Posted at 3:39AM on Sep 15th 2006 by Tonicboy
1. Wow! Great concept art!
Posted at 10:40AM on Sep 13th 2006 by Matthew Skinner-Thebo