This is a friendly and nagging reminder that, this Thursday, Criterion will be releasing the six hundredth title update for Burnout Paradise titled "Davis" which is better known as the Bike Pack. Among the changes included in the update are the inclusion of two new bikes, 38 additional beat-the-clock races, a day/night adjusting option, dynamic weather effects and 70 new Freeburn challenges. Wowzaz! If you're still playing Burnout Paradise, then this Thursday will be like celebrating a birthday in September. For Paradise gamers who have birthdays in September, then this will be your second birthday celebration this month.
Jump in for a full list of Cagney update information.
[Thanks, Dynamo Matt]
Until then we'll make do with the 3 new online modes, 70 online timed challenges, ranked racing improvements and live updates page all releasing for free with the Cagney update, which has been pushed to July 14.
[via Big Download]
Also, we embedded Criterion's new making-of the fish market video after the break for those of you who get all giddy with excitement over seeing the development cycle in its rawest form.
[Thanks, to everyone who sent this in]
It seems Criterion isn't any kind of slouch with their downloadable content, it's free, it's coming more often and they've been keeping us informed about it. Now they're doing us one better and releasing their "Bogart" update early. So early that it's online now in fact. The Bogart update contains a whole host of little things, and shouldn't be confused with the Cagney update that includes the new game modes (what's with the old-school actor names anyway?). Bogart huh? We'll take it: "Here's looking at you, kid" now g'won, get downloading.
- Enhanced 360 streaming performance stops instances where the game seems to pause for a second or so.
- Fixed Head-on Takedowns as these seemed generally unfair and unrealistic. Unfair low speed Takedowns have been removed.
- Increase the # of search results returned for online games.
- Increase Picture Paradise timer so it doesn't kick in so quickly
- Fixed rich presence updating issues.
- Fixed some online race start points which started all the players facing in the wrong direction
- Fixed a drifting and boosting bug. There wasn't any real control on the brake so players would grind around the walls of the corners.
- And tons more.
From the only released image we can tell that Criterion is going for a slick vacation feel and the first video is an eye in the sky view that gives us an idea of the size that Criterion has in mind (big!). The second video is a bit longer than the first and showcases the Dust Storm's journey into and around the city, giving us an on-the-ground feel for the size (again, big!).
The second video can be found after the break.