The main focus of the title update will be to upgrade and improve both the game's Xbox Live matchmaking and host selection (thank lord!), but it will also include a few gameplay enhancements as a bonus. Highlights from the upcoming update include host migration, addition of "N0M4D" control scheme, identification of party by background color and the fixing of various lobby related bugs. You can view the complete list of upcoming CoD4 changes after the break, but know that you'll have to contain your excitement for a bit. Infinity Ward has yet to announce a release date for the update, so begin your waiting ritual ... now!
Additions / Features:
- Added Kill cam to Airstrike bombs and Claymores.
- Addition of Host Migration so if Host Leaves auto-chooses next best host.
- Tweaked the following Oldschool Mode settings based on feedback:
- Added Unlimited Sprint
- Increased Magazine Size
- Added Ragdoll Cam
- Addition of New "N0M4D" Control Scheme.
- Identify party by background color (in Lobby).
- Optimized server selection for first match for better connections.
- Improved network performance for 18 player games.
- Optimized 'Chase Cam' when Spectating.
- Fixed Playlist error when attempting to join from other games.
- Handle Corrupt Create A Class data instead of kicking player.