Lumines Live hits tomorrow [update 1]
A day with no Live. Thousands were faced with a difficult proposition. Do nothing ,or go outside. Fear not, pasty gamers, Microsoft understands what you have gone through. As a reward, you can download Lumines Live tomorrow! It's finally here! Starting tomorrow at 8:00 GMT (1:00 AM PDT), it's yours for the downloadin'. Remember that constant whining sound reverberating across the internet? That was all the fanboys (us included) just waiting for Lumines to finally drop. You should all be grateful that the constant droning will finally cease. Just in time for the new whining to begin: "1200 points! Whaaaaa!" And that's before we get into the soon-to-be-controversial 600 point "Advance Pack." Oy.
But seriously, it's Lumines. Hooray, Lumines!
Update: Major Nelson has let the world know that the "Advance Pack" is not available yet. It will come out later, presumably when everyone's addiction will force them to purchase it.
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. I am excited, however, I'm very disappointed in the pricing... and forget about the advance pack... 600 pts to actually get the FULL game after I pay for that.... seems a bit much to me... I'd be OK with 1200 for it... 'cause I know I'm probably not gonna find the PSP version for less than 15 bucks, but letting them charge so much extra for the additional content that WILL interfere w/ gameplay seems a bit excessive to me.
Posted at 7:06PM on Oct 17th 2006 by WhatTheGeek
3. WOOHOO! Finally!
Posted at 7:30PM on Oct 17th 2006 by Joe Smith
4. Thank God. I hate only having a portable to play Lumines on. The only time I seem to play is on a plane. I played all the way to level 75 in one swipe this morning until we had to land - I tried to get them to keep it in the air so I could keep on playing but no dice. Hopefully the battery keeps me "paused" on level 75 until my next trip.
God, I love Lumines...
Posted at 9:27PM on Oct 17th 2006 by xboxer
5. That's great!
I have a demo Lumines to play on. This is really great to hear that we can now download the lumines live.
Posted at 9:58PM on Oct 17th 2006 by francis
6. If it's 1:00 AM PDT, it's not 10:00 GMT.
Posted at 10:08PM on Oct 17th 2006 by Tre
7. "If it's 1:00 AM PDT, it's not 10:00 GMT."
Posted at 10:20PM on Oct 17th 2006 by Richard Mitchell
8. Well, think about the fact that PSP owners have to pay $30-40 for the same exact game so were getting a better deal. This is the first modern Live Arcade game that has a retail version on another console so its easy to expect its price to be high. Plus, the content packs are also possibility their "workaround" for the 50MB Live Arcade limit.
Posted at 10:39PM on Oct 17th 2006 by DA360
9. hoorrrray! Its out! Finally!!
Posted at 4:12AM on Oct 18th 2006 by zune
10. Its gone the apointed hour....
Where is XBL? nowhere to be seen
Posted at 4:20AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Majikthise
11. its about freakin time!!!
thank you XLBA
Posted at 7:06AM on Oct 18th 2006 by craptastic
12. I wasn't able to get it in time. Xbox Live broke. =(
Posted at 8:54AM on Oct 18th 2006 by ECUnlimited
13. The PSP version of Lumines has been around $20 or less for quite a while. And I think I prefer playing puzzle games on portable systems. Maybe it's just me.
Posted at 9:40AM on Oct 18th 2006 by icruise
14. So no advance = no madonna/videoclips?
Posted at 11:26AM on Oct 18th 2006 by YLA G
15. I HAVE ACTUALLY BROKEN THAT STEREOTYPE. I HAVE MY HUGE TV ON THE OPPOSITE WALL OF A BIG WINDOW THAT IS ON MY PORCH. I NOW GAME FROM OUTSIDE. LIKE UNO AND OTHER ARCADE GAMES. NOT COD2 OF COURSE. ITS PRETTY COOL. ENJOY THE WEATHER AND PLAY. GEA!!!
Posted at 2:11PM on Oct 18th 2006 by AZ I BORICUA
16. Im really tired of that same old stereotype. The "pasty" gamer who never goes outside. Can we please get over that? This isn't the early nineties anymore. Gaming has expanded its demographic in the past decade to include a wide range of participants with a variety of different skin tones, and athletic backgrounds. For the record, I am not "pasty", I love the outdoors, and I am highly athletic. Even so, I am a hardcore gamer. I know Richard is just joking around, but its the same joke everytime. Is it really that funny? Please, can we all grow up, and realize that gaming is become America's pastime, not just a hobbie for basement dwelling nerds.
Posted at 4:58PM on Oct 18th 2006 by altdelete47
17. No it's still just for basement dwelling nerds just admit your one of us stop trying to fool yourself any longer.
Posted at 5:22PM on Oct 18th 2006 by NEO1X
1. And aragorn just $!at himself.
Seriously though... I am so happy. took them long enough, but this game is higher on my list than Gears of War, F.E.A.R.... pretty much everything except Bioshock.
Posted at 7:02PM on Oct 17th 2006 by aragorn