Franchise flashback: games to see on the Xbox 360
They've compiled a list of five games they'd love to see resurrected with an all new next-gen look on the console. For starters, Bonk would be a great candidate for its appeal to the kiddies. The caveman-powered platformer would expand the 360's reach into a broader audience. Then there's Battletoads: Microsoft could take this classic to the bank, especially since they happen to own Rare.
Don't forget the potential in Snatcher/Policenauts which was the brainchild of Metal Gear Solid mastermind Hideo Kojima. The last two prospects on the list invoke just as much longing to see them turned into 360 material. Strider and Chrono Trigger both hold high merits, and the latter might even improve the marketability of the Xbox 360 in Japan. So the real question here is, what'd they miss? Are there any other great franchises you'd like to see get resurrected on the Xbox 360?
- Homebrew Xbox 360 (3/15/2006)
- Handi-capable 360 controller now available (3/15/2006)
- Gamespot's guide to cheese points (3/14/2006)
- What's in that DOA4 update (3/14/2006)
- 360 launch secrets revealed (3/14/2006)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. Lode Runner!
Good god I hate the commenting system here. Opera doesn't remember my info.
Posted at 1:32PM on Feb 17th 2006 by BklynKid 0 stars
3. Man I almost had a heart attack when I saw battletoads, on here. but then i read the story, I think Battletoads definetly should be on! as TMNT arcade game :D
Posted at 1:51PM on Feb 17th 2006 by Dan 0 stars
4. Super Bomberman, (2D) Lemmings with multiplayer, Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer... to name a few.
Posted at 2:00PM on Feb 17th 2006 by Rogue Soul 0 stars
Posted at 2:05PM on Feb 17th 2006 by ymmv 0 stars
6. Battletoads, TMNT, Contra, Bubble Bobble
Bubble Bobble and Contra would be AMAZING.
Something like Advance Wars would be pretty cool too.
Posted at 3:29PM on Feb 17th 2006 by Matt 0 stars
Posted at 3:43PM on Feb 17th 2006 by DWAnderson 0 stars
Nothing better than a sports game where you can win by forfeit, due to killing every quarterback the opposing team has.
Posted at 4:25PM on Feb 17th 2006 by puh_fifer 0 stars
9. The tecmo sports games! Those games were awesome!!!! but seriously, I'd like to see every franchise on the 360. Then I wouldn't have to even consider the ps3 ^^
Posted at 4:56PM on Feb 17th 2006 by Steinmania 0 stars
10. In addition to Strider, I'd love to see some late 80's - early 90's Capcom action games like Alien vs. Predator, Final Fight, Dungeon & Dragons, and Magic Sword. Maybe a couple of 2D shoot 'em ups as well.
Posted at 5:24PM on Feb 17th 2006 by play free games 0 stars
good Sonic games
Posted at 5:27PM on Feb 17th 2006 by S.A. 0 stars
12. Anyone remember a SNES RPGish game called shadowrunner?
That game was fantastic!
Posted at 5:48PM on Feb 17th 2006 by oracle of truth 0 stars
13. Just found out that its called shadowrun and is rumoured to being developed as a full game for the 360!! (wikipedia)
Posted at 5:51PM on Feb 17th 2006 by oracle of truth 0 stars
14. I agree with #11 that Shadowrun would make a good one but it has been confirmed (at least I think it was) that Fasa via Microsoft is doing an actual 360 game based in that universe and I would probably rather play that. That said, I would say:
Any of the older Contras or Castlevanias
Posted at 6:32PM on Feb 17th 2006 by Riffix 0 stars
15. How about Nights into Dreams, Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, Marvel vs Capcom, Panza Dragoon Saga, All of the 2-D sonics including CD, Dynamite Heady, All of the Megaman's through X6,Battletoads,Contra, Metal Slug, Capcom vs. SNK, Powerstone, Chrono Trigger, Soul Calibur, Old DOA's, Wing Commander, Doom, Castle Wolfenstein, VF2, R-Type, Psysvariar, Code Veronica, Dreamcast Classics!
Then after that we can all say fuck the Revolution's Virtual Console.
Posted at 10:07PM on Feb 17th 2006 by LongshotX 0 stars
16. ROCK AND ROLL RACING!!!!!
Posted at 2:31AM on Feb 18th 2006 by portorikan 0 stars
17. Like I've said on my own blog, these classic titles are great on the 360, but they need to support some more 3rd Party controllers, aka the X-Arcade controller. I'm dying for it to be compatible with the 360, but according to their website, Microsoft is blocking them from making a controller adapter so it'll work.
I think I saw someone mention Wing Commander ... awesome, I'd definitely play that one. And you know what I'd really love to see? StarCraft. Bring StarCraft with kayboard and mouse support as well as voice chat in game to the 360, and we'll have an instant winner.
Posted at 1:54PM on Feb 18th 2006 by DocRoland 0 stars
18. I concur, rock 'n' roll racing bends full auto over the kitchen counter. I bought a gba just to play that game on my breaks at work.
Posted at 3:29PM on Feb 18th 2006 by puh_fifer 0 stars
19. i would like to play altered beast
Posted at 12:33AM on Feb 19th 2006 by brian 0 stars
20. Gunstar Heroes, was such a sweet game for Genesis.. the arcade version of TMNT would be sweet as well. Marvel vs Capcom..so many good ones... i think a lot of great arcade games should be made,... Streets of Rage, Final Fight!
Posted at 2:15AM on Feb 20th 2006 by Hal 0 stars
Add your comments
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments. To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.
1. Wing Commander!!
Posted at 1:13PM on Feb 17th 2006 by Anonymous 0 stars