If you're a fanboy living in or around Los Angeles, New York, Seattle or London, then you should be super excited, because these are the BIG Gears 2 launch event cities. At each location, various Epic folks (Cliff Bleszinski, Josh Ortega, Rod Fergusson, etc.) will be chatting it up, handing out swag and giving out high fives. Check the break for BIG launch event locations and details.
Also, Gears 2 community manager SixOkay wanted us to pass along word about his "Get-Out-The-Gears" campaign whose goal is to spread Gears 2 awareness across the internets. Simply switch your Xbox Live gamer picture to any Gears of War pic (crimson omen, your seriously achievement one, etc.) and, in doing so, you'll be spreading Gears 2 awareness. Feel those warm fuzzies ...
Gears of War 2 Launch Events
Best Buy, 457 120th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005
- "Gears of War 2" co-writer Joshua Ortega and Microsoft Game Studios staff will be on location to participate in the launch activities and give away "Gears of War 2" merchandise.
GAME at 64-66 Clarence Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1NP
- "Gears of War" comic book artist Liam Sharp and Microsoft Game Studios staff will be on location to participate in the launch activities and give away "Gears of War 2" merchandise.
GameStop at Universal City Walk, 1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Universal City, CA 91608
- Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson will MC the event, which will feature special appearances and autograph signings by Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games. "Gears of War 2" voice actors including John DiMaggio (Marcus Fenix), Lester "Rasta" Speight (Augustus Cole) and Carlos Ferro (Dominic Santiago) will also be in attendance. Additionally, fans will have the unique opportunity to mug with a real life "Delta Squad" – costumed characters from Nightmare Armor Studios will be patrolling the GameStop, and tons of free "Gears of War 2" merchandise will be given away throughout the evening.
- Please note that lineups will not begin before 11 a.m. PST.
Best Buy, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
- Epic Games' senior producer Rod Fergusson along with Epic Games team members will interact with the crowd and autograph copies of the game in addition to free "Gears of War 2" merchandise.