Reports from the western front confirm that the long-awaited Call of Duty 2 multi-player patch has finally been released—just in time for war-weary fans to not give a flying frag. The saga of this patch is as long and ugly as any WWII slog, including delays, fired forum moderators and pissed off PC gamers. Booting the game on your 360 now results in an auto-update that supposedly fixes CoD2's multiple issues. Initial testing by the Xboxic staff discovered the following improvements:
- Can actively host a game now.
- Lobbies fully implemented including game options and pre-game smack talk.
- Hoster can kick players.
- Private matches are allowed.
- You can select any map of choice.
- Score and time limits configurable.
- Post-game lobby after the game is over.
- Can invite players to game.
- You can see enemy names in-game.
- No noticeable lag continously disrupting games.
Are you finally hearing Infinity Ward's call to multiplayer duty? Who else thinks this patch is a day late and a dollar short?
[Thanks to multiple tipsters]