- Featuring dinosaurs, guns, bows, knives, and some of the most gravelly voices ever, Turok is one of the manliest games ever made. Leave a comment detailing the manly way in which you will play it if you win. You can enter once per calendar day (Eastern Time).
- Be sure you only leave one comment per day. Posters of multiple comments during the same day will be disqualified. We'll accept entries until Friday, March 28, 12:00pm Noon, Eastern Time. You must be at least 18 years old to enter. This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec).
- On Friday, we'll pick two winners via a random drawing
- Two winners will each receive a copy of Turok for Xbox 360, worth $60 each.
- The complete rules can be found here.
If you're one to believe a certain Major Nelson, then there is currently a Turok demo available on Xbox Live Marketplace right damn now. Alas, it seems as though Major's many spies (birds, beasts) are misinformed, as said demo is nowhere to be found. Nope, nothing. We continue to stare at the screen, hoping desperately that the demo will make itself known to us. We've uttered all the elvish passwords we know, but so far our efforts have been fruitless. With any luck, we'll stumble upon the answer soon.
Update: Major Nelson has updated the availability for the game. The demo is available in the following regions: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and United Kingdom
Lost in the shuffle of the Juiced 2 demo and positively too much Halo 3 news was a new trailer for Turok. The trailer, now available on Xbox Live Marketplace, showcases the different stealth options there are in the upcoming revitalization of the ailing franchise. In the video, you get to see protagonist Joseph Turok take out numerous enemy soldiers (and one solitary dinosaur) with his trusty knife and bow. The video also shows a brief glimpse of a silenced firearm, which we haven't seen before. We'd like to see some more stealth kills against the dinosaurs, as they offer some of the better finishing animations. Still, if you want a taste of the stealthy goodness available in Turok, the video does the trick. Also, the video alludes to more gameplay videos to come, so we expect more between now and the game's release early next year.