Going live on April 15th (plenty of time before GTAIV's release), the Social Club will be a website for GTAIV gamers to analyze, keep track and compare their stats and accomplishments with other Liberty City residents. Xbox Live subscribers will be able to register their gamertags at the Social Club and be able to instantly compare their multiplayer stats with gamers from around the globe. Not only will multiplayer stats be tracked, but Rockstar will post leaderboards for five other accomplishments (listed and described after the break) including a Hall of Fame and 100% Club that's reserved for only gamers who 100% complete what GTAIV has to offer. The first ten to complete the game 100% will even be rewarded with a key to the city. Nice. Hopefully, we all get an official Social Club membership card so we can flaunt it at the local bar or bowling alley.
- Grand Theft Auto IV Social Club Features:
- LCPD Police Blotter - A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.
- The Story Gang - This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.
- The 100% Club - Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.
- The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.
- The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.