Way back in April, we tried out the Monster Madness demo and walked away less than impressed. What was present in the game wasn't bad, but it definitely had issues. Particularly, the game had serious camera and control issues, which made the demo much more difficult than it had to be. It looks like the developers have taken many of the game's criticisms (we weren't the only ones who made them) and addressed them in a title update available now on Xbox Live. SouthPeak informs us that the update includes several tweaks to the gameplay but the biggest change is definitely a revamped control scheme and camera. You may recall (but probably don't) our major gripe with the demo: "the directional aiming is constant. In other words, if your character is facing left, he keeps facing left until you adjust the right stick. It works fine for ranged weapons, but it's a pain to have to manually aim a melee weapon." The new control scheme makes it so the camera and character point in the same direction as the left stick, which is definitely a step in the right direction. Find a complete list of the other changes after the break.
Those out there with the game, let us know what you think of the changes.
- Additional camera options and speeds have been added.
- Top down Camera zoom is gradual; not as fast.
- The players turn speed has been increased globally.
- The frame rate issues have been fixed for render targets and in-game menus.
- A transparent Health Bar has been added to all enemies with health greater than 300 hit points.
- Stun attack effect on players has been shortened.
- Zombie Bikers amount of health has been decreased significantly
- Camera and character turn together with left stick.
- The A button is for Jump, while the B button is for Dodge. Or you can click the analog sticks as in the original controls.
- The controller vibrations have been toned down.
- All Level One Weapons will be slightly more powerful.
- A new "random" weapons option has been added to Multi-player gameplay.
- Golden Zombie Achievement has been fixed.
- Dojo Achievements are easier to accomplish.
- Highest grade will be updated in achievements.
- The Auto-target option has been added to arena battles.
- Frames Per Second is improved with up to 4 players.
- Cooperative Dojo waves have been re-balanced.
- Werewolf attacks will not cripple the player completely.
- Several multiplayer game options have been added.