Ace Combat 6 trailer locks on to internet
The first trailer for Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation has found its way onto the intertubes, courtesy of GameSpot. Much to our surprise, the game features jets and the piloting of said jets. The first in the Namco series to appear on a non-Sony platform, Ace Combat 6 looks to up the ante with an emotional plot line centered around terrorism and protecting the next generation (of people, not consoles) from harm. The trailer features lots of interaction between a mother and her little girl, jets, terrorists, and plenty of swelling music. Check it out and tell us what you think.
[Thanks, Dark Mobius]
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. uhhh the game may totally suck but that was one awesome trailer. Maybe I'm just old skewl but I liked it.
Posted at 3:05PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Malleus
3. Ace Combat kicked ass on the Playstations. Ace Combat 6 will kick ass on the 360. 'Nuff said.
Posted at 3:29PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Vader582
4. wow...i'm impressed. On my radar now.
Posted at 3:37PM on Jun 14th 2007 by poprocker
5. The Ace Combat games are so much fun. I owned everyone for the Playstations and when I decided not to purchase a PS3 I was really sad to know that I'd be leaving Ace Combat behind. You can imagine how thrilled I was to hear AC6 coming to the 360, and the trailer has me even more excited.
Man, I'm going to be busy this fall....
Posted at 3:50PM on Jun 14th 2007 by bigC24
6. Definitely going to get it! I hope it's at least better than Over G.
Posted at 4:00PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Josh
7. Could be one of the best 360 games ever, if done the way it was on PS2.....CAN'T WAIT!!!
Posted at 4:02PM on Jun 14th 2007 by ANt
8. @ 6
If you don't know how the Ace Combat series plays by now, then you need to get out of that last gen rock pronto.
Posted at 4:04PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Eddy
9. I like the trailer ... ALOT!!! Cheesy, corny, overdone.... LOVE IT!
Posted at 4:15PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Dadidito
10. I've always thought that the Ace Combat games have incorporated a good story, at least for a flight simulator. This one looks to be no different...can't wait!
Posted at 4:21PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Tim
11. Honestly whats with trailers that show NO,ZERO, ZILTCH, of actual gameplay. WTF.. Yeah yeah that trailer looked great but who the "F" about FREAKING cutscenes. Grrrrr
Posted at 4:30PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Neeko
12. Actually, I saw a couple snipets of gameplay, and it looked like most of the cutscenes were rendered using the in-game engine. Ace Combat for the ps2 was really well done graphically and incredibly addictive to play, so I'm sure that this next-gen version will be even better. Can't wait!
Posted at 4:49PM on Jun 14th 2007 by james
13. So far looks like most people that posted here will disagree.. but this trailer is total crap. The dialog, premise and overall cheesiness of the whole thing made it seem like an unfunny Hot Shots! trailer, with no Charlie Sheen.. bleh
Posted at 5:16PM on Jun 14th 2007 by v01
14. "So far looks like most people that posted here will disagree.. but this trailer is total crap. The dialog, premise and overall cheesiness of the whole thing made it seem like an unfunny Hot Shots! trailer, with no Charlie Sheen.. bleh"
Apparently you've never played any Ace Combat games...all the games' story lines are cheesy and overdone. But they are very fun and addictive. I'm not the time to get really in to a game, but I played through Ace Combat 5 about 6 times...LOTS of fun...
Posted at 5:39PM on Jun 14th 2007 by David W.
15. did that look cool: Yes
was that pre-rendered: Yes
I would like to see some in game footage, I'm tired of game companies showing pre-rendered crap, sure it looks purdy, but its not what it will really be like in the game.
Posted at 8:24PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Murc
16. There's also a pic of the Ace Edge HOTAS controllers for the 360 on Gamespot. Looks like a rehashed Saitek X45.
Posted at 10:25PM on Jun 14th 2007 by MK84
17. Sweet! This is one of the only SONY (previously) exclusive titles I've ever given a shit about. Finally some video...just tell me a release date.
Posted at 11:55AM on Jun 15th 2007 by Spitkicker
18. WOWOWOWOW saw all kinds of stuff that I wont get to play. :-( Trailer with no actual game play makes me sad.
Posted at 3:25PM on Jun 21st 2007 by Dead Insomnia
1. Who the hell says, "For the glory of our country,"?
Posted at 2:59PM on Jun 14th 2007 by Matthew Mac