It seems that a group of crafty modders have uncovered what could be new content from Halo 3. Apparently, some modders have dug into the Halo 3 beta code and found mention of several new weapons, vehicles, and new names for medals (Double Kill, etc). While some of this information is likely to be placeholder or possibly even trash that has yet to be deleted from the final code, it does add some interesting ideas to what we already know. See a list of what was found after the break.
- Flamethrower (Frankie hinted at this in his interview with Joystiq)
- Plasma turret
- Claymore grenade (possible codename for Spike Grenades?)
- Covenant Gun Tower (possibly a new kind of turret?)
- Jammer (possibly the radar scrambler shown in a leaked video)
- Smoke (smoke grenade? smoke screen?)
[Via Games Radar. Thanks, MuJÃHiDeeN 420. Flamethrower image taken from Halo PC]