Keyboard shortcuts for IMing on the 360
If you're looking to pull off those floating black text boxes for your Xbox 360 Windows Live Messenger fun, this little guide can help. Over on Xbox.com they've posted a Spring dashboard FAQ featuring a few keyboard shortcuts for the 360 IM'ers among us. Opening, closing, and navigating the numerous text boxes is a breeze with these keyboard shortcuts. Also included in the FAQ is one of those "corporate responses" to Xbox Live members having trouble signing up for the service. More specifically, they are looking into a fix for those who are over 18 years old, but created their accounts when they were under age. Yeah, it's a screwed up system, but we say no more. More reading after the jump.
[Via Major Nelson]
Reader Comments(Page 1)
2. kered, if it's that much, I beg to differ -- I won't be dropping that much when I can get a wireless full-size keyboard for less, or use a USB extension cable for free (because I already have it)...
Posted at 5:10PM on May 11th 2007 by James
3. That's what I'm thinking. A keyboard or the Chatpad would also be a must when the MMOs start coming out for the 360.
Posted at 5:11PM on May 11th 2007 by Leathersoup
4. Hmm I was thinking a plus on the Chatpad... in agreement with Kered. A wireless keyboard, although easier to type on, would just create too much hassle and clutter. Plus you can't hold onto it and the controller at the same time so you'd be constantly putting one down messaging on the other then switching back. It doesn't take too long to get good at typing on mini keyboards. I've seen some people who are blisteringly fast on Blackberries
Posted at 5:16PM on May 11th 2007 by Leathersoup
5. By the way, pressing the Windows key brings up the Start menu! *dun dun dunnnnn* OMG It was actually running Windows XP this whole time! Noooooooo!
Posted at 5:27PM on May 11th 2007 by Tom
6. LMAO @ Tom
That was good man.
Posted at 6:12PM on May 11th 2007 by Virtua Fanboy
1. IMing will be useful only until the ChatPad comes out. I'm thinking it will be $25 - $30.
Posted at 3:12PM on May 11th 2007 by kered