Worms finally arrives next week
Oh, saints be praised! For that matter, let's just praise everyone. Worms, the most anticipated Live Arcade game, like, ever, is finally, finally headed for release. That's right, and we've got a big fat press release in our inbox to prove it. Worms will debut next Wednesday, right smack in the middle of GDC. The game will be available for 800 points. Now that Worms has finally made it out of the twisted, Lovecraftian realm of certification, we're not really sure what to do. What the hell do we complain about now? Airline food?
Who knows. The point is that Worms is out next week. Which reminds us ... we have a score to settle.
Worms have evolved and are taking no prisoners! Team17 Software Ltd. brings its popular "Worms" franchise to Xbox Live® Arcade, delivering the first turn-based strategy game to the platform. "Worms" will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360™ beginning Wednesday, March 7 at 0800 GMT (1 a.m. PST).
"Worms" is a cleverly balanced turn-based strategy game in which teams of heavily armed worms battle across bizarre, randomly generated landscapes for supremacy. Each team takes turns picking off opposing team members using crazy weapons, tools and other utilities along with whatever foul strategies they can devise. The simple and cute appearance belies the deep strategy of a game that is easy to play but difficult to master.
"Worms" will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft® Points.
· A mix of strategy and arcade action that, although simple to understand, contains real depth and massive replayability
· Turn-based multiplayer action for up to four players locally or over Xbox Live*
· An assortment of game options:
o Landscape on which to do battle
o Turn and round times
o Starting weapon arsenal for each team
· Three detailed tutorials to introduce the mechanics to first-time players
· Twenty increasingly difficult single-player challenges
· Three graphical themes for play
· A random landscape generator to ensure that no two landscapes are ever the same
· Twenty-two weapons and utilities to deploy against your enemies
· Many customizable elements, including what worms and teams are named, what worms say, and which gravestone they have when they die
· High-definition visuals and many graphical improvements throughout the game
· Twelve achievements
· Weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards
WHERE CAN I GET IT?
You can download "Worms" beginning Wednesday, March 7, at 0800 GMT/1 a.m. PST on Xbox Live Arcade.
"Worms" will be available for 800 Microsoft Points, and rated E10+, Mild Cartoon Violence.
More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.
- New Mass Effect screenshots emerge (4/03/2007)
- Xbox 360 Fancast 010 -- Tenth-stravaganza (4/02/2007)
- Luxor 2 brings Egyptian marbles to XBLA (4/02/2007)
- XBLM gets Armored Core 4 demo (4/02/2007)
- Lost Planet map pack #2 coming Friday (4/02/2007)
Reader Comments(Page 1)
Add your comments
Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.
When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.
To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.