The hip and trendy kids over at G4's The Feed put together a list of what they think are the 17 lamest Xbox 360 achievements to date. Horrible games like Bomberman Act Zero and NBA Live '07 made the list as well as our favorites like Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas. We agree with most of their picks, but really agree with hating NBA Live's "Online With 1,000 People", GRAW's "Committed (Multiplayer)" and FFXI's ridiculous "Reach Level 75 with each character class". We guess this article made us further realize that there are truly lame achievements out there and that we have to be careful. Remember, friends don't let friends spend days on end trying to earn lame achievements. It's one epidemic that we can stop.
We've been getting pretty cosy with Final Fantasy XI recently, and while porting various existing massively multiplayer games to the 360 is very much sought-after, we're hoping that developers will really take the 360 into account for some upcoming titles. Here's a wishlist of features we'd like to see in 360 MMOs:
OXM's free Final Fantasy XI beta disc has been a success despite a delay in the magazine's UK release; it hit newsagents on Thursday, and seems to be a big hit amongst many gamers.
Our quick tips:
- Get your registration code handy before installing. You'll want this site if you're using the European disc.
- If you can, grab a USB keyboard for the installation and registration procedure. It's a lot easier than entering the requisite information the long way.
- Also, find something else to do during the two-hour installation.
- Remember your character name; if you hit the Random button, write it down!
- Make sure to get a copy of the US or UK manual; the registration isn't particularly complex, but the controls are.
- If you want to group with a friend, use the Xbox 360's private chat feature to talk rather than laboriously crafting text messages ingame.