Here's some new Dead Space footage for you to watch, complete with weapon demonstrations and bloodied up Necromorph bits. Embedded above and after the break you'll get to watch how the Dead Space Line Gun rips bodies into bits, how the Plasma Cutter accurately picks off limbs and how the Pulse Rifle chainguns those icky aliens into submission. Take that baddies! Take it and like it!
But forget all of that. The point is that it's possible to five star and gold "So Whatcha Want" by the Beastie Boys -- on expert -- by reading the Declaration of Independence. Joystiq put together a video to prove this and the results are staggering and, frankly, strangly beautiful. The video takes on the aspect of performance art and gives us pause to consider the broader meaning of our existence. Either that or we've been staring at a computer monitor for just a bit too long. Either way, it's something that must be seen and, more importantly, iterated over and over again. We'd love to see someone five star "So Watcha Want" with, oh, let's say an episode of the A-Team. Get to it, internets.
Thankfully, Harmonix included a "game modifier" option where, with a few presses of the colorful guitar buttons, players can alter the game including a modifier that unlocks the entire setlist. Simply make your way to the RB2 game modifier screen and enter the sequence - Red, Yellow, Blue, Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Red, Yellow, Blue. Tada! Instant setlist unlock! You rebel.
[Thanks, to everyone who sent this in]
- "Wake Up Dead" by Megadeth (160)
- "The Conjuring" by Megadeth (160)
- "Devil's Island" by Megadeth (160)
- "Good Mourning / Black Friday" by Megadeth (160)
- "Bad Omen" by Megadeth (160)
- "I Ain't Superstitious" by Megadeth (160)
- "My Last Words" by Megadeth (160)
- "One of Those Nights" by the Cab (80)
- "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional (80)
- "She's a Handsome Woman" by Panic! At the Disco (80)
- "Natural Disaster" by Plain White T's (80)
- Recon Kit - QBU88 - your3mynextt4rget
- Special Ops Kit - UZI - cov3r1ngthecorn3r
- Support Kit - M60 - try4ndrunf0rcov3r
Ahem. Got a bit creepy there. Check out in game videos of the song after the break.
Now it's time to go start bugging your game store employee friends for a sneak peak. Just remember, trying to trick someone into selling you Rock Band 2 before its street date is wrong. Fun, but wrong.
The developers mention that part of the game's challenge is becoming reoriented to your surroundings in zero gravity. As "the floor maybe become the ceiling, and the ceiling the floor," players need to reorient themselves quickly in order to deal with enemies. One last thing: in complete vacuums (where sound does not travel) players will only be able to hear the sounds of Isaac's breathing and heartbeat. Creepy.