Sifting through player content for Halo 3 can sometimes be a pain. What's good, what is teh sux? Luckily X3F has your back with our brand new weekly feature, Community Content.
Every Thursday afternoon, beginning this Valentine's Day, X3F will pick the best of community made content for Halo 3 made using the innovative Forge mode. We'll review and detail the content weekly and provide you the access to add fresh maps and variants to your favorite Xbox Live experience, Halo 3. Caught the developer bug? You can submit your own Halo 3 content to: comcon [at] xbox360fanboy [dot] com. Provide us with a description of your content with a link to your File Share (make sure the content is uploaded!) and we'll take care of the rest.
Don't know how to add content to your copy of Halo 3? Jump into this post for a detailed breakdown of the easy to use Bungie.net feature, just in time for our first Community Content this Thursday, February 14.
In order to participate in our brand new Halo 3 feature, Community Content, you need to learn how to download the files we recommend on a weekly basis. Some of you may already be aware of the Download Feature from Bungie.net, but for those who aren't or if you have questions, here is a helpful guide to getting set up.
1. Creating your Bungie.net Account
The first step in this easy process is to tie your existing Xbox Live Gold membership to your Bungie.net account.
- Navigate to Bungie.net
- Click - Sign In (only if your account has already been activated on Bungie.net - if you have skip to Step 4)
- Click - Sign Up Now! if you need to set up your account
Next, you need to tie your existing Xbox Live account to your Bungie.net account.
- Click - Yes, use my email address
- Click - Continue
3. Registering your Windows Live ID on Bungie.net
Using the account information required, specifically: your Windows Live ID address and password, fill out the following form to activate your account.
- Enter - Windows Live email adddress
- Enter - Windows Live password (it's the same as the one you use to log into your email)
- Select - Type of security question (in case you forget your password later)
- Enter - Security question answer
4. Log in to your account on Bungie.net
- Enter - Windows Live Address
- Enter - Password
- Click - Sign In
Decide which content you'd like to install by navigating to the page for those downloads.
- Open - www.Xbox360Fanboy.com
- Find & Select - Community Content you want
- Scroll - To the bottom of that content's page
- Click - the link under REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
- The correct Bungie.net page will automatically open
6. Select desired files from Bungie.net
- Navigate - Go through the opened file share listing and pick the content you wish to download, the content will have a name and description for easy navigation
- Click - Download to Halo 3 for the content you wish you add to your profile
- OK - Once the content is loaded it will be added to your Halo 3 Download Queue
- Sign In - Insert Halo 3 into your Xbox 360 and sign into Xbox Live
- The files you queued will automatically begin downloading and will only stop if you sign out of Xbox Live, eject Halo 3 or begin playing mulitplayer online, otherwise it will download until completion.
More questions? Check out the detailed guide available on Bungie.net.