Attention Mac using 360 owners! The outrageously good Connect360 keeps getting better: they've just released version 2.0 with some pretty significant changes. They've made it Universal so it will run natively on the new Intel Macs; it's now a preference pane instead of a standalone app, offering a much more suitable interface for the functionality; and plenty of bug fixes and performance enhancements (the entire changelog is available after the jump). Best of all, 2.0 is a free upgrade for registered users!
Connect360 allows people who like both their game systems and computers to be elegant and attractive to enjoy some of the media extending capabilities of the 360. It's limited to iTunes and iPhoto integration, while video playback is still reserved for a Windows Media Center PC... for now.
Major update to Connect360; Mac users feel loved
Connect360 connects your Mac to your 360
- Now a preference pane rather than an application, runs in background
- Adds a menu bar status item
- Fixes firewall auto configuration bugs, improves process
- Media library refreshes are now faster and smarter
- Major networking improvements and bug fixes
- Now uses much less memory
- Streaming start speed improvements
- Photo albums, slideshows are now sorted in same order as iPhoto
- Adds improved shoutcast streaming support
- Fixes shoutcast streaming connection not being closed
- Now completely universal
- Other crash fixes