Major update to Connect360; Mac users feel loved
Many of our readers were thrilled to discover Connect360 after we posted about it last week. Connect360 "automatically indexes your iTunes and iPhoto libraries and shares them to your Xbox 360. You can then use the Xbox 360 Dashboard to browse and play your media, organized in the exact same way that it is on your Mac."
A simple, elegant solution that, unfortunately, refused to work for many. Undaunted by the task, the developers have already rolled out a significant upgrade addressing many network issues including improved network detection and Mac OS X Firewall support. Anyone with difficulties running this earlier have any better luck with this update?
Read the entire changelog beneath the fold.
[Via Xbox-Scene]VERSION 1.5
- Improved networking / automatic detection
- Added shoutcast streaming
- Added "Add Firewall Entries..." button in Preferences to automatically configure the Mac OS X firewall
- Added options to disable iTunes or iPhoto sharing
- Added control over image quality for image transcoding
- Adds iPhoto 3 & 4 support
- Now works with iPhoto 6 "Copy files to iPhoto folder" option unchecked
- Start on login now works properly
- Fixes spinning beachball problem when invalid DNS servers are defined
- Fixes playback of aliased files
- Fixes memory leaks
- Fixes memory waste when streaming large audio files
- Fixes a potential crash when quickly switching songs or photos
- Fixes crash for albums/playlists/etc with an "@" sign in them
- Fixes listings for artists with international characters
- Fixes beachball when checking for updates w/o an active internet connection
- Speed optimizations
- Minor UI changes