Live and let dry: Hang your dirty laundry at GreenDaily.com

Full Auto demo explodes onto XBLM

As expected, the demo for Sega's ballet of guns and cars (what else) is up on the Xbox Live Marketplace for your enjoyment. Weighing in at roughly 650MB, it'll take awhile to download.

To all the snickering OXM readers out there who've been happily playing the demo for weeks now, just let us losers have our fun! You can download the Marble Blast demo.

[Thanks to everyone that tipped us off]

Related Headlines

Reader Comments

(Page 1)

1. is it just me or is this game horrible, it plays like crasy taxi with guns . (had it for over a month on oxm demo)its like driving a 3 peice suite round . imho- must try harder !! 2/10 .
very disapointing

Posted at 1:59AM on Jan 26th 2006 by keyfun

2. Yep. It's there. And it kinda sucks. I mean, great, I can shoot stuff. It's basically Burnout with guns and less control over the car. More stuff is destructible, so that's nice. I think we're kinda starving for good stuff. But I'm not so hungry as to swallow either this or the new marbles game. I think I made that marble game in a computer science class. But mine was interesting. It's late, maybe I'm just grumpy.

Posted at 2:20AM on Jan 26th 2006 by Scott

3. Er, not Burnout, but Need For Speed. Or both, I guess. The new Burnout seems to have more choices in your path, I think, than this.

Posted at 2:22AM on Jan 26th 2006 by Scott

4. just downloaded and played and was very underwhelmed. The driving mechanics were terrible and it was chaotic for the sake of being chaotic. The only thing it had going for it was that it was pretty. Thumbs down.

Posted at 6:35AM on Jan 26th 2006 by Modeps

5. Is it just me or did others have a TON of frame rate slowdowns? I know there can be a lot happening on the screen at once, but in a game where the objective is to destroy as much as possible, wouldn't that be expected?

Posted at 8:55AM on Jan 26th 2006 by Kevin

6. ... and in which generation of the "next-gen" wars are we going to be rid of the "last-gen" issues such as frame rate slow downs?

Posted at 10:16AM on Jan 26th 2006 by JGE

7. I agree, the game isn't that fun. The graphics are underwhelming, the frame rate is awful, and the control is pretty lousy.

Oh well, at least they gave us something new to play with in the market place.

Posted at 10:29AM on Jan 26th 2006 by Joe Blow

8. I don't think it is fair to say the game sucks when a) You've only seen 2 cars-- as you progess in most racing games the cars at the top handle better...
b) You've only seen 1 level-- one would hope that are some cooler levels in the full version.
Plus this game has xbox live written all over it and until we can play it on live than you can't really judge it. I will say that i would rent before buying though--- and it will pretty hard to buy this game over Fight Night

Posted at 2:56PM on Jan 26th 2006 by KillerGreen

9. It's actually quite entertaining. Certainly, worth the cost of the demo (FREE) and an obvious rental. $59? Eh. Maybe used from GameFly instead.

Posted at 5:18PM on Jan 26th 2006 by don't be hatin

10. It does suck. My ten year old son loves it though, and that is usually how I know a game sucks. I just ask him and if he says it is great, it sucks.

It was a waste of my time to download it, IMO. Graphics are nothing special. Controls are terrible. You cant even see where you are going half the time because of debri flying everywhere and things blowing up left and right, and that would be OK if it looked cool which it does not.

Posted at 6:31PM on Jan 26th 2006 by Dwayne

11. Actually, its well known that this demo is from an old build and since then apparently the framerate has been well improved...so I wouldn't judget the final release regarding that...I personally really found the game fun, nothing makes sense ITS BRILLIANT, i like that arcady feel.

And ya, lets see the other levels and cars.

Posted at 6:33PM on Jan 26th 2006 by Whopping Wombat

12. #11) Why bother releasing a demo based on old code so soon before release of the actual game? That does not make sense from a marketing standpoint AT ALL. People are much more forgiving if they get a taste of an early build then if they are expecting it to be near final.

If it's the same one from OXM then someone should lose their job due to the amount of people that will not buy this game now. There's a ton of people that feel the same way as most of us do, and that's a ton of people that will not be buying this game because the demo stinks. I personally had high hopes after watching some of the videos, but now I'm going to pass and continue playing PDZ, PGR and DOA.

For those that claim that we've only seen two cars? So? We've got the general feel of the game and it's not a positve one. Demos are released so people can see if it's their cup of tea or not. They should be putting their best foot foward. At best this game is rental worthy... it's certainly not worth $60.

I can overlook framerate issues, but all this game is to me, is Wreckless for the 360.

Posted at 8:41AM on Jan 27th 2006 by Modeps

13. When I saw this game on the Marketplace, I was giddy as a school girl on the way to prom. I mean, I had pre-ordered this tiny morsel of goodness, eagerly awaiting February to come so I could finally play something other than COD2, PGR3, etc.
Once the game finished downloading, I quickly loaded up the demo, patiently awaiting to get into the game. Finally - time to play.
When the game started, I had to pause and make sure I wasn't on my PS2 - "This is next gen?" I asked myself. This looks more like Smugglers Run with horrible frame rate, sub-par level design, and a linear racing style that doesn't do this game any justice. I know this is probably only beta code (though it looks more like pre-alpha) but when you release a demo of a game that isn't out yet, doesn't it make sense to have it polished and clean so people actually take that interest to the store with their $60? Needless to say my pre-order has been canceled....pretty sad.

Posted at 1:49PM on Jan 27th 2006 by thatdidnthurt

14. Yawner.

Also,

"It does suck. My ten year old son loves it though, and that is usually how I know a game sucks. I just ask him and if he says it is great, it sucks."

Wow. Just... wow.

Posted at 9:39PM on Jan 29th 2006 by Justin

15. Well, I am the minority in saying that I enjoyed the game. I liked Crazy Taxi, but found Burnout too monotonous. This game was the proper blend of speed and chaos. However, this is not a game that warrants a "must buy", but *IS* a must rent.

Since everyone is hinting that this is an old version, I will look forward to playing the finished product.

Posted at 11:50PM on Jan 30th 2006 by Harold

Check out all our Halo 3 beta news coverage
Bits
Cheats (9)
Console wars (216)
Contests and Giveaways (74)
Deals and Bargains (92)
Reviews (44)
Rumors (170)
Shipping this week (33)
Video Marketplace (31)
Videos (179)
Walkthroughs (3)
What are you playing? (44)
WMC (20)
Xbox Live (642)
Xbox Live Arcade (577)
Xbox Live Marketplace (653)
Titles
Amped 3 (6)
Assassin's Creed (29)
BioShock (71)
Burnout Revenge (8)
Call of Duty 2 (20)
Call of Duty 3 (10)
Command and Conquer 3 (25)
Condemned (15)
Crackdown (65)
Dead or Alive 4 (22)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (49)
Fable 2 (23)
FIFA Soccer 06 (5)
Fight Night Round 3 (5)
Final Fantasy XI (12)
Frame City Killer (2)
Full Auto (6)
Fuzion Frenzy 2 (9)
Gears of War (235)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (32)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (29)
Guitar Hero II (64)
GUN (4)
Halo 3 (550)
Kameo (14)
King Kong (8)
Lost Planet (29)
Madden NFL 06 (5)
Mass Effect (42)
NBA 2K6 (4)
NBA Live 06 (4)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (4)
NHL 2K6 (2)
Perfect Dark (18)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (24)
Quake 4 (6)
R* Games Presents: Table Tennis (9)
Ridge Racer 6 (7)
Rumble Roses XX (0)
Saints Row (10)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (19)
Street Trace (7)
The Darkness (21)
The Godfather (2)
The Outfit (4)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (3)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (4)
Too Human (20)

SSFIITHDR (XBLA)
Battlestar Galactica (XBLA)
Halo 3
Braid (XBLA)
Halo 3 McFarlane Figures
Ecco the Dolphin (XBLA)
Pirates Vs. Ninjas Dodgeball (XBLA)
X3F Meetup 08/08/07