OXM's free Final Fantasy XI beta disc has been a success despite a delay in the magazine's UK release; it hit newsagents on Thursday, and seems to be a big hit amongst many gamers.
Our quick tips:
- Get your registration code handy before installing. You'll want this site if you're using the European disc.
- If you can, grab a USB keyboard for the installation and registration procedure. It's a lot easier than entering the requisite information the long way.
- Also, find something else to do during the two-hour installation.
- Remember your character name; if you hit the Random button, write it down!
- Make sure to get a copy of the US or UK manual; the registration isn't particularly complex, but the controls are.
- If you want to group with a friend, use the Xbox 360's private chat feature to talk rather than laboriously crafting text messages ingame.